[Vrstream] Unzip Books

Steve Zielinski steveziel at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 8 13:03:22 EST 2011

Copying all the parts to the root of a cartridge is fine if you are only putting one book on the cartridge, then erasing these files when you are done reading the book,then doing another book.  But for folks that put multiple books on the cartridge, assigning the files of one book under its own folder makes it so much easier to erase the book.

I myself use the unzip utility in windows as I think you do, to put a book on my nls cartridge from time to time.  In this method, as you know, you don't actually look at or interact with the list of files of the book, it is done automatically.  But if you are interested, you can click on the folder of the book in your nls cartridge after the process is done and see what the files are like.  They will have, in many of them, the number of the talking book, and also they will have various extensions.  Get rid of all the files and you have removed the book. So I just get rid of the folder and boom, the book is gone.

Best,
Steve