[Vrstream] about companion software and I E 9

Roger Loran Bailey rogerbailey81 at aol.com
Fri Dec 16 12:43:36 EST 2011

I have been using Windows 7 for about a month now. I had heard so many
stories on these lists about how hard it was to download anything with
IE 9 that I used IE8 for the first few days, but then I tried IE 9 and
it does not present a problem for me. I just have to remember to go to
the notification bar when I download something. Windows 7 does seem to
have an idea of its own where downloads should go and I understand that
it can be directed to put them elsewhere, but I learned how to handle it
from where Windows 7 puts them so I have not really looked into learning
how to send them to the folder I want them in. If you go to the start
menu and then arrow once to the left and then down arrow once you will
find an icon labeled owner. If you down arrow once more you will find an
icon labeled documents. It is the first icon that you will want to
click. Once you do that you will find a number of icons that you can
look at by right and left arrowing. Click the one labeled downloads and
you will find the file you just downloaded. Then go to the menu after
you have highlighted the file you want and under the edit menu there is
an option for moving the file to another folder. Click that one and the
process is pretty much the same as in Windows XP. Then just move it
wherever you want it to be. This may be more complex than just directing
the download to the folder where you want it in the first place, but I
spent some time trying to figure out how to do that and the figuring out
was more complex than the way I actually discovered, so I am now just
downloading to the place that Windows 7 wants it and then just moving it.