[Vrstream] Using I Tunes with the Stream

Alan Lemly walemly at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:29:15 EST 2011

I have to agree with Jim on this point and also express my bias against
iTunes. I admit to using an older computer but iTunes for Windows has to be
one of the largest resource hogs of any software I've run. I would strongly
recommend housing your music in mp3 files, buying them from somewhere like
Amazon, and using a less resource intensive media player than iTunes. I use
a product called MediaMonkey and although it is a bit resource intensive, it
does run much faster than iTunes and its user interface reminds me somewhat
of Windows Explorer which I've been using for years. I can even sync my SDHC
card with MediaMonkey and then pop it into my Stream for listening.

There are many media players out there that work with mp3 files and you just
need to find one you like that has the accessibility you need. If you're not
using an iPod, I certainly wouldn't use iTunes.

Alan Lemly