[Vrstream] Making GoogleBooks Easier to Read on Stream

Roger Loran Bailey rogerbailey81 at aol.com
Sun Aug 5 16:09:41 EDT 2012

Searching on Bookshare is not all that tricky if you are used to Google
search. It behaves very much like Google search. It not only searches
the title but it also searches the actual text of the books that are
available. If your results are sorted by relevance, the default sort,
the titles containing your search terms tend to be listed at the top. I
say tend because I have made searches there and the first number of
results do have my search terms in the title, but then if I look further
down there are some other titles here and there with the search terms in
the title and that diminishes the further you go down the list. If you
want to confine your search to title, author, text or other parameters
then you should use the advanced search. Just remember that if you use
only the simple search you are likely to get a lot of results depending
on what your search terms are and that you need to use tricks like
quotation marks or minus signs or whatever to refine your search to
exactly what you want. Think Google.