[Vrstream] Cost of Stream Repairs

Moira Egan moira.egan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 23:14:07 EDT 2012

Hi, all.  I'm considering buying a second Stream while the promotion
is on, and wondered if the list might be able to answer a couple of
questions related to my decision.  My Stream generally works fine, but
it is now a few years old.  All the talk of battery problems and
problems with headphone jacks/external speakers has me thinking that
there may come a time when I need a repair.  Do you all know whether
Humanware will provide a loaner while a Stream is out for repairs?  I
use mine extensively for work, so it would be a hardship to be without
it.  Obviously if I had to be, I'd figure something out, since we all
did used to manage without them, didn't we?

Secondly, I'm wondering about the costs of repairs.  Is there a flat
fee that Humanware charges, and does that fee actually cover repairs,
or is it simply a diagnostic fee?

I'm sure you've figured out where I'm going with this.  Basically, I
am trying to figure out whether buying a discounted second Stream now
might possibly save me a bit of money later, if that makes sense.  Any
thoughts would be very helpful.
Best,
Moira