[Vrstream] daisy audio files from Bookshare (Bud Kennedy)

Angie & David Boyter angie.boyter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 15:26:37 EDT 2013

Bud,
I did it for the first time today, and it was really easy! After you
have downloaded the bookshare file to your computer, you just treat it
like an NLS talking book and put it into your $VRDTB folder. I use the
Humanware Companion, which I highly recommend. If you do not want to use
the Companion software, you will have to extract the files first,
because it downloads from Bookshare zipped.
I just rejoined Bookshare after a hiatus of several years and am
extremely impressed with their text-to-speech. You almost can't tell it
from a human narrator!
David Boyter