[Vrstream] FW: SD card with the Mac

David Griffith d.griffith at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 15 19:15:33 EDT 2013

Forgot to reply to the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Griffith [mailto:d.griffith at btinternet.com]
Sent: 15 July 2013 23:24
To: 'Alice Dampman Humel'
Subject: RE: [Vrstream] SD card with the Mac

The ,hidden files created by MACoS ARE normally not visible. They do become
visible though if you subsequently insert the SD card into a Windows
machine.
There is  a file which retains spotlight search data and more importantly
one file and folder which relates to hidden Trash files. These  folders and
file systems perform a function similar to that of the Recycle Bin in
Windows. When you delete files on the SD Card in macOs a version is retained
in Trash. This means that if you want to free up space you must clear the
Trash on MacOs using command shift and back delete. Alternatively with the
card in a Windows machine delete the file and folder relating to Trash to
fee up space.

David Griffith