[Vrstream] downloading from BARD

Sherry Wells sherrywells at ameritech.net
Wed Jul 16 20:12:01 EDT 2014

Hi Sharon,

I can think of 2 possibilities that may result in your books not being found
by Humanware Companion.

First, make sure the check box in HWC that says include zip files is
checked.  You can find this box by tabbing once when in HWC.  Then tab once
more to ensure that the talking books location has not been accidentally
changed.  These are the easy things to check so may as well rule them out as
problems!

It sounds like neither of these things are your problem though since you
mention not being sure where your books are going.  So I'm guessing you
checked your usual folder and the downloaded books are not there, right?  In
that case the default folder where downloads go could have changed.  I too
always download my books to the same folder.  But if I use internet explorer
to download anything else and put it in a different folder, then the next
time I go to BARD, BARD will download books to that folder instead.  So if I
usually use folder A for BARD but go to a web site and download a podcast or
something to folder B, BARD will use folder B unless I do a save as.  So try
downloading a book from BARD but select Save As and type the entire path in
the file name.  In this example I would type C:\folder A\book name.zip.  You
should only have to do this once.  Unless you download to a different
location BARD will now continue to use folder A.

I hope this makes sense and hope it solves your problem!

Regards,
Sherry Wells