[Vrstream] WiFi connections

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:06:10 EDT 2015

Hi Joe.  Connecting to other wifi networks with your stream canhappen,
but it is a little tricky.  If you are at someone's house, you'll have
to be given there password for there network in order for you to
connect to it with your stream.  Once you had the password, you'd find
the scan for wireless network in the streams wifi menu, and once the
stream found the network, you'd enter the password like you did with
your own network.  However, at places such as coffee shops, libraries,
and sometimes even stores, you might be able to connect to a wifi
network that is public.  This means, that no password is needed, the
stream would find it, and just connect to it since no password is
needed.  However, some things could be restricted and might not work.
An example of this would be adding podcast feeds to your stream.  I
was at my library recently, and wasusing there public network to
dow2nload some bard books and bookshare books.  However, when I went
to add a podcast feed, I couldn't get my stream to do it.  I kept
getting an error message.  I called humanware and I asked what was
happening, and was told some public networks don't allow things like
podcast feeds to be added because of possible security risks.  Hope
this helps.  It is fun to go around town with your stream and just see
all the networks there are.  You might not be able to connect to most
of them, but sometimes you can be surprised.  Once I was at a good
will store with my mom, and I was very surprised to find that the
store had a public wifi network and I connected to it with no trouble
and it worked very well.  Good luck.