[Vrstream] Counterpoint to 2nd Generation Stream was Re: A Verydetailed second generation Victor Reader Stream review

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Fri Apr 17 11:53:08 EDT 2015

I wouldn't go so far as to say down with touchscreens. BTW, neither did Lana.  Since touch screens can be configured by software, they can do much more than a set of buttons.  Plus, they're much cheaper to use and support, which means the cost of a touchscreen device can be controlled.

However, there are products that some people just want to be on single use devices.  For me, that's my media player.  For others, it's their GPS or even the device they make phone calls on.

I do think that single use devices are becoming a luxury purchase. That's why the advice "if you have to buy one, buy an iDevice", is so true.  If you can only afford to buy one device, but the one that does the most stuff.

Jim