[Vrstream] How Do I Make Computer Recognize My Victor Stream?

Tom Kaufman tomcat53 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 2 10:47:44 EST 2015

Hello Lana and list:  After several tries, I finally got my computer to
recognize it had a device hooked to it!  When I first tried it, I think I
_did_ plug it in with the stream turned off.  When that didn't work, I
thought "Okay...maybe the stream is supposed to be turned on!"  That didn't
work, so I tried various combinations; finally I just turned it off and
started from "ground zero"...I plugged in the stream as has been suggested;
then turned the stream on...presto!  Thing is...I seldom have a need for
doing this, so I forget!  Once I got it on there, the files wouldn't play (I
had put these files (not sure right now what the extension was) but when
they didn't show up in "notes" when I went to play them on the stream, then
I moved them to "other books"...that did the trick!  Thanks to all for your
indulgence!
Tom Kaufman P.S.  I will tell you that the person who sent me the files had
recorded them on a first Gen stream...not thinking that it didn't record in
MP3 format!