[Vrstream] AutoPlay Redefined in Windows 10?

Max G. Swanson swando99 at iphouse.com
Sat Dec 19 22:51:51 EST 2015

My ability to plop donwloaded podcasts into the Stream's $VR folders or
even to manually unzip and put BARD titles into the root of a thumb drive
has been gravely affected by an apparent redefinition of AutoPlay in
Windows 10.  It was previously a small matter to "explore files &
folders".  Now you must open File Explorer, scroll past the pseudo-folders
such as Documents and Music, eventually logging into Drive F or whichever
label the Stream is temporarily given.

What's more, if Autoplay sees the Stream it wants to "Scan and fix", that
drive.  This doesn't seem advisable; so even if Autoplay sees the Stream,
your only option is to cancel further action.

To me this is a royal pain, forcing greater reliance on the HW Companion
for transfers to either a Stream or DTBM.  This is not in itself a bad
thing, but I'm amazed that no one has commented on the restrictive and
almost unusable nature of the new Autoplay.

Are there settings that can make it useful again?  And can we please have
an option in HW Companion to bypass creation of those Dollar-VR folders in
view of this new Auto-Plot?
--
"How many aspirins will we take to reach the surface of the truth?"
--Frank Lima.  Regards, Max