[Vrstream] sd cards for the stream, what are they called?

Tom Rutherford tom.n8euj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 13:15:57 EST 2015

Well, Troy, you don't want "micro" anything, unless it also comes with an
adapter.  Micro SD cards won't fit the Stream without an adapter, as they're
about half the size of your pinkie nail.  What you want is an SD, or Secure
Digital card.  If you want absolute trouble-free and fiddle-free
performance, you want to stay with sizes of 32GB or less, although with some
fiddling, any size SD card will work, apparently.  Where to purchase
these...Well, Amazon, Newegg, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Best Buy, Worst Buy (just
kidding!), Staples, OfficeMax, Office Depot, just about anywhere.  You want
to stay with name brands, though -- SanDisk, Kingston, PNY, Crucial,
Corsair, Team, Patriot, G-Skill, etc., etc.  The two brands officially
supported by HumanWare, though, are SanDisk and Kingston.  I've used SanDisk
with no problems, and ADATA and Patriot with few problems, with most of
those problems being where music is concerned.  These were on the original
Stream with a firmware version previous to the final one, though.  I haven't
tried either of those lately.

As for what your girlfriend got you, it was probably a CompactFlash card.
And, no, they won't fit.  They're a little large, and the pinouts are
totally incompatible with Secure Digital.  Hope this helps.

-- 73 DE Tom, N8EUJ, Burton, MI
"She said it was either her or the ham radio.  Over."