[Vrstream] DeeKeying A 1st-Gen Stream

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 01:46:41 EST 2017

Max.  The factory reset will remove the softpack features.  I'd leave
things as they are.  Since the person you're giving the stream to is
already a bard user, things should be ok.  I mean if they went and
readded the streams user key, it would be the same one that is already
on the stream now.  Good luck.

On 12/15/17, Max G. Swanson via Vrstream <vrstream at vrstreamusers.org> wrote:
> Ricky's instructions below are about what I'd thought, so thanks for
> confirming.  The more I think about it, though, I
> -- 'm wondering if the reset is really necessary.
>
> If the buyer is a BARD user, am I not simply enabling the unit to fulfill
> its function?
>
> Moreover, someone on the BST list pointed out that the reset might kill
> the SoftPak features.  Those I paid for and have every right to pass on.
>
> I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts on this situation.
> "The devil isn't in the details this time, he's just present." (Jim
> Kramer) Pax, Max!
>
> Ricky via Vrstream
>> you will need to do a full factory reset, start with the stream turned
>> off, now hold down the 2, 6, and 8 keys, while holding down all 3
>> buttons press the power button, this will make the stream turn on in
>> its diagnostic mode, i'm saying this off the top of my head, so i might
>> make a mistake in the terminoligy, now, while in the diagnostic mode
>> arrow up or down till it says factory reset, press the confirmation
>> button, you might have to press it 2 times, the next time you turn it
>> on you should discover all your personal stuff, like all keys like your
>> nls key will be gone.

Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson