[Vrstream] D-Link Router: One Of My Biggest Screw-ups Ever - Help Needed

William Brandes williambrandes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 12:48:06 EDT 2017

Hi. First, isn't there a reset button on the router?

Second, maybe you went through the following, but, here goes.

1. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into a free Ethernet jack on the
back of the D-Link router, and then plug the other end of the Ethernet
cable into a jack on your laptop or desktop.

2. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into a jack on your laptop
or desktop.

3. Turn on your computer.

4. Open up a Web browser. Type the address "http://192.168.0.1" or
"http://dlinkrouter" (omit the quotes) into the browser's address bar,
and then press "Enter."

5. Log in to the D-Link router with the administrator username and
password. If this is the first time you're connecting to the router,
leave the administrator password blank.

6. Click the "Setup" tab on the D-Link interface, and then click
"Wireless Settings" to open the Wireless Configuration screen.

7. Click the "Manual Wireless Connection Setup" button.

8. Adjust the wireless settings as needed. On this screen you can
enable or disable wireless broadcasting entirely, change the Wireless
Network Name, or SSID, change the wireless channel, and toggle the
wireless mode settings, such as 802.11g or 802.11n.

9. Click the "Save Settings" button to commit your changes on the router.

Stay well ... William